Narromine to Narrabri N2N Section
Stay up to date through the Inland Rail N2N website.
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
The Australian Rail Track Corporation is preparing the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for this project, including investigations and field studies, and community consultation.
Stay up to date on this process through the NSW Government Major Projects website.
Key facts about the Inland Rail project
- The Inland Rail project is expected to create up to 16,000 new jobs at the peak of construction, and an average of 700 additional jobs per year over the entire period
- Inland Rail enhances the National Land Transport Network by creating a rail linkage between Parkes in New South Wales and Brisbane, providing a connection between Queensland and the southern and western States
- Provide better access to and from our regional markets
- It will make it easier for freight to move from farms, mines and ports to national and overseas markets. Two million tonnes of agricultural freight will switch from road to rail, with a total of 8.9 million tonnes of agricultural freight more efficiently diverted to Inland Rail
- Reduced costs
- Improved sustainability and amenity for the community
- Inland Rail will be a catalyst for complementary private sector investments, such as fleet upgrades, new metropolitan and regional terminals and integrated freight precincts.