'This Is Gilgandra' Photo Competition
Gilgandra Region – show us your snaps!
To showcase the beauty of the Gilgandra Region, Gilgandra Shire Council is running a photography competition celebrating our region, our people, our events and all things that make our region unique.
To enter, you simply have to:
- Submit a photo taken within Gilgandra Region
- Tell us where it was taken and when
Entry is free and open to all photographic abilities as long as you are over 10 years of age and the photo is taken within Gilgandra Region (defined as the Gilgandra Shire local government area). Smart phone photos are welcome!
Entries close TUESDAY, 30 JUNE 2020 so get snapping!
Follow us to see if your ‘This is Gilgandra’ Photo Competition image entry is featured:
Hashtags: #ThisIsGilgandra #GilgandraRegion #GilgandraGetsSnappy
For more information download the our Competition Information Form(PDF, 187KB) or contact us.
Categories & Prizes
There are five categories:
- Family, Friends & Friendly Faces
- My Gilgandra Region
- Youth (10–18 years)
Five photos from each category will be chosen by our judging panel to be finalists. These finalists will then be posted on Gilgandra Region’s Facebook page and displayed on the windows of the GIL. The ultimate winners chose by the community by vote. Voting will be through ‘likes’ on Facebook and through submitting voting sheets outside the GIL. At the end of the voting period, the photo from each category with the highest number of votes will be deemed the winner.
Entries will be printed and presented in The Gilgandra Weekly during the voting period.
Each winner of the Agriculture, Family Friends & Friendly Faces, Events and My Gilgandra Region categories will have their entry professionally printed and displayed (with credit to the photographer) on the front windows of ‘the GIL’ (30-32 Miller St) and receive a $50 voucher to ‘the GIL Collective’. Total value per prize is $200.
The winner of the Youth (10–18 years) category will receive a prize pack valued at $150 including a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera Kit.
Finalists and selected entries will have their entries (with credits) featured on Gilgandra Region’s social media platforms.
Selected entries will be displayed and credited on Gilgandra Region’s new website.
Whilst participating in this competition, entrants must abide by social distancing regulations and any relevant State or Federal laws. Entrants should familiarise themselves with the current restrictions and rules before engaging in this competition.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Gilgandra Shire Council (ABN 47 979 060 715). The registered office address is 15 Warren Road, Gilgandra NSW 2827.
- Entry is free and open to anyone over 10 years of age and all photographic abilities.
- Entry into the Youth category is restricted to entries where photos have been taken by those 10-18 years of age at 30 June 2020.
- The competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based on individual creative merit to become a finalist. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights.
- The ultimate winners will be judged through a voting process. The finalists will be posted to the Gilgandra Region Facebook page and on the windows of ‘the GIL’ (30-32 Miller St, Gilgandra) on Monday, 6 July 2020 where the public will vote through ‘likes’ on Facebook and voting slips at the GIL. Voting will close at 8pm on Sunday 19 July 2020 and the photo from each category with the most votes at this time will be deemed the winners.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Images that are not from the Gilgandra Region will not be accepted.
- The competition opens Tuesday 19 May and closes at 12 midnight (AEST) on Tuesday 30 June 2020. Any entry received after that period will be deemed invalid.
- Winners must be able to supply a high-resolution version of their winning image to Gilgandra Shire Council upon being notified they are a winner.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant Gilgandra Shire Council a non-exclusive, fully assignable, royalty/licence free, perpetual copyright licence to the entry. This includes permission to use images for marketing purposes incorporating, but not limited to, social media, websites, print and other marketing materials, media publication etc.
- Gilgandra Shire Council agrees and acknowledges that the licence granted under the preceding clause is non-exclusive and does not affect any use by the Promoter expressly authorised under the Copyright Act. For the avoidance of doubt, the copyright vests in the entrant.
- Where the image features an identifiable person, entrants are responsible for gaining appropriate permission to use his/her image. Gilgandra Shire Council does not request model release forms with entries.
- The division of these prizes is at the discretion of Gilgandra Shire Council. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Winners will be notified on Tuesday 21 July 2020 via email, announced on Gilgandra Region social media channels, Council’s website (with photo credits) and the Gilgandra Weekly.
- If images are used for general Gilgandra Shire Council media purposes, accompanying a media story, credit for the image will be supplied but Gilgandra Shire Council cannot guarantee the image credit will be published.
- Entrants are entitled to no compensation.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Gilgandra Shire Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Gilgandra Shire Council reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions with or without notice. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as reasonably practicable by Gilgandra Shire Council.
- Whilst participating in this competition, entrants must abide by social distancing regulations and any relevant State or Federal laws. Entrants should familiarise themselves with the current restrictions and rules before engaging in this competition.