Have Your Say - Castlereagh Country Drought Resilience Plan!
Complete the Survey today!
Gilgandra and Warrumbungle Shire Councils have received $200,000 in funding from the Commonwealth and NSW Governments Regional Drought Resilience Planning Program to develop the Castlereagh Country Drought Resilience Plan, and are seeking your input on how best to prepare and respond to drought.
Capturing your views, understanding impacts and opportunities in a prepared and resilient way, is vital in making a positive impact during the next drought.
There are several opportunities for the community and key stakeholders to provide input. There will be Community drop-in sessions as well as key theme workshops which will focus on four themes to allow people to attend a workshop on the specific interests: 1. Agriculture, 2. Health and Wellbeing, 3. Business and Economy and 4. Community Organisations / Social and Support Services. See details on dates and locations below.
Complete the survey to Have Your Say, or come along to the following workshops or drop-in sessions and help make a change.
To register your attendance for a session email email@example.com.
- Community Organisations: Monday, 27 November , 5pm @ Council Chambers
- Business & Economy: Wednesday, 29 November, 5pm @ Council Chamber
- Health & Wellbeing: Tuesday, 28 November, 5pm @ Coo-ee Heritage Centre
- Agriculture: Tuesday, 28 November, 7pm @ Coo-ee Heritage Centre
If you are unable to attend in-person, workshops will be available online, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baradine: Monday, 27 November, 12-2pm @ Baradine Hall
- Binnaway: Monday, 27 November, 12-2pm @ Binnaway Hall
- Mendooran: Tuesday, 28 November, 12-2pm @ Mechanics Institute Hall
- Dunedoo: Tuesday, 28 November, 12-2pm @ Dunedoo Jubilee Hall
- Coolah: Wednesday, 29 November, 12-2pm @ Coolah Council Chambers
- Tooraweenah: Thursday, 30 November, 3-5pm @ Mountain View Hotel
- Armatree: Tuesday, 5 December, 3-5pm @ Armatree Hotel
The program acknowledges that we can learn from previous droughts and plan for broader community implications, and Gilgandra and Warrumbungle Shire Councils invite the community to have your say in the future implementation activities to support future resilience.
The objective of these plans is to come up with practical solutions for addressing gaps in the way communities prepare for and respond to drought.
The sessions and survey aim to capture the good ideas people believe worked well and can be improved upon, whilst also identifying opportunities and priorities for implementation of activities across environmental/agricultural, social/wellbeing and business support/economic areas.
If discussing drought impacts you, or those close to you, we encourage you to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14. Lifeline is a free 24-hour, 7 day a week service.
Your insights will help us create a vibrant and resilient Castlereagh Country region for all to enjoy.
Complete the Survey today!
Share your photos!
Share the images that demonstrate the resilience, the community, the landscapes and the impact drought has. Images can be uploaded here!
'Dust Storm Over Town' Credit: Sophie Grimshaw