The successful applicant will also be required to share the role of Relief Ranger services to ensure Council provides after hours cover for the Ranger. On Call Relief Ranger after hours are 5.00pm every second Thursday to 8.00am the following morning and 5.00pm every second Friday to 8.00am the following Monday. It is also expected that this position will cover periods of annual leave for the full time Ranger.
Applicants will need to address the essential and desirable criteria in their letter of application.
- Current Class C Drivers licence
- Trade qualifications (Carpentry) or relevant building construction qualifications (Certificate III)
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to operate and maintain small plant items
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Empathy towards people with disabilities and the elderly
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks unsupervised
- National Police Certificate
- Possession of WorkCover WH&S Construction Induction Training (White Card)
- Front-end Loader/Backhoe (LB)
- Bonded Asbestos Handling qualifications
- Ability to handle dogs and cats
- Ability to handle livestock
- Track Loader certification
Further information, a copy of the position description and an information package may be obtained by contacting Lindsay Mathieson, Director Planning & Environment or the HR Section of Council.