APPRENTICE PLANT OPERATOR x 2
All other conditions of employment as per Local Government (State) Award 2017
Council currently has two excellent opportunities to commence an apprenticeship as a Plant Operator. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operation whilst gaining practical experience.
- Class C Licence – Provisional licence acceptable
- Possess a genuine commitment to complete the apprenticeship within the required timeframes
- Possess a genuine interest in plant operations and civil construction
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to works as a team and to help others
- WorkCover WHS General Induction Training (White Card) or completion prior to employment
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by Council
- Punctual and good attendance record
- Ability to complete time and plant sheets
- Experience in operating plant and general labouring duties
- Higher class licence (eg MR or HR)
- Basic skills in operating a wide range of small plant and equipment/hand tools
Further information, a copy of the position description and an information package may be obtained by contacting the HR Section of Council on 02 6817 8800.