Committee Representative Required
Published on 25 March 2019
Nominations are invited from interested members of the community to fill one “community” representative vacancy on Council’s Aged Care Committee.
The Aged Care Committee manages all aged care activities – Cooee Lodge Retirement Village and Jack Towney Hostel - with the following charter:
- to consider and make recommendations on policy and strategic direction for all Council’s Aged Care Services – currently – Cooee Lodge and Jack Towney Hostels, Gilgandra Flexi Care and Jack Towney Community Aged Care Packages and the Retirement Village
- to direct and assist the General Manager in negotiations with the relevant level of Government – maintain links within the aged care industry
- to be abreast of all issues affecting the funding and management of the Aged Care industry and make appropriate recommendations to Council
- to provide strategic direction to the various services to ensure their viability and independence from Council funding
- to develop and review management plans and budgets for adoption by Council if thought appropriate, establish advisory committees for respective functions
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday, 5 April 2019. For further information, please contact Executive Assistant, Julie Prout.